What is Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerability in Intel and how to secure yourself?
To understand what is Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerability you must watch the video presented by REDHAT.
Now how to identify if your machine is vulnerable or not,
- Use the link to download the Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool.
- Extract the Zip File for Windows
- Open the GUI folder.
- Right click the Intel-SA-00086-GUI.exe and run as administrator.
- You will see the screen below telling you if your machine contains vulnerability.
- If your machine is listed then click the URL https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html
- Select the Manufacturer and find out if your model is listed.
- Once verified then you have to be sure that your system qualifies the requirements of the patch
- Download the patch from Microsoft URL
- Before you Patch it mind it that there is degradation to Processor Power from 10% to 30 %